Assistant Team Manager
£32,752 – £36,862 per annum
Market Supplement: £3,000 per annum
Deliver even better services to children and families across Hampshire County, make our decisions for the right reason. As part of our ongoing commitment to investing in frontline social work services, to better enable to support and protect children and families, we are recruiting an Assistant Team Manager in the Child Assessment and Safeguarding Team.
You will work closely with the team manager to oversee and support the work of front-line staff, to enable the team to develop and to deliver good quality services that make a difference.
You will have a social work qualification and will offer substantial post-qualifying experience of complex children and family work, including court work, gained in a statutory setting and you will be someone who sets high professional standards – and maintains them.
Above all, you should have a desire to help shape and develop a new service and a commitment to improving the outcomes for some of our most vulnerable children.
Given how seriously we take development here, you must be willing and motivated to grow in your role and to make the most of the guidance and support, formal supervision and regular training opportunities that will be available to you.
To ensure continuity/consistency in delivery of service by supervising staff as delegated by the Team Manager and retain experienced SW/OT staff in front line positions. To work with complex cases within departmental policies and procedures, and to contribute to the planning and development of the service within commissioning plans.
– Manage own caseload of complex cases, ensuring that all casework is managed within appropriate codes of practice and statutory/departmental guidelines.
– Quality control of written reports/assessments/minutes including court reports, produced within the team.
– Assist in the writing of reports Chair and attend meetings in line with statutory duties.
– Plan and conduct group supervision sessions within the team.
– Depute for and representing Team Manager in strategy meetings.
– Act as first point of reference for case work issues where consultation is needed.
– Recommend to Team Manager any financial payments required for families and/or young person.
– Contribution to supervision of individual members of the team.
– Assign tasks to team members (under guidance from Team Manager).
– Prioritise urgency of cases and match tasks to skills/resources Identify areas for performance development of those supervised.
– Ensure daily team briefs and cases review Maintain and develop effective working relationships at a County and District level with the full range of agencies involved in child protection and child care services.
– Represent the Department and other multi agency meetings.
– Essential Qualifications.
Skills and Experience:
– CQSW or equivalent qualification HCPC Registration ABE trained.
– Client sector focussed and team player.
– Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively.
– Ability to direct teams of subordinate professionals and support staff.
– Good working knowledge of appropriate legislation and experience of children & families front line social work in higher grade position.
– Excellent assessment and report writing skills.
– Good track record of service development and evidence of own up to date training.
– Ability to make key safeguarding decisions to ensure children are safe and protected at all times.
– Working conditions that may be encountered in this role:
– Display Screen Equipment Working with children including children with special needs.
– Verbal abuse and/or aggression Lone working.
– Ability to fulfil the driving requirements of the post.
– Vetting Requirements:
Enhanced DBS disclosure required, candidates welcome to provide details of DBS update service or DBS results can be processed within 24 hours at candidate cost.
Interperm Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.