We have an exciting opportunity for a Mental Health Practitioner to join our team. This is a fixed term post in the Poole CAMHS team until the end of December 2019. You will be responsible for managing crisis cases, providing short term crisis interventions, working closely with clinicians including the Consultant Psychiatrist and undertaking DSH assessments.
The post holder will be expected to provide high quality of care ensuring high standards of clinical practice when working with all young people and their families/carers. Delivering a variety of care and intensive evidence-based treatment interventions, on a one-to-one, family and group basis to promote recovery, appropriate in partnership with children, young people and families/carers.
In return we can also offer you:
- Dedicated career pathways and great opportunities for continuing professional development
- An excellent preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and the chance to further your career in a nurse led environment
- You will receive a comprehensive and structured induction programme and training
- monthly pay plus enhancements for night, weekend and bank holiday working
- NHS pension scheme
- Holiday pay of up to 33 days, plus bank holidays pro rata, dependent on service
- NHS discount and salary sacrifice scheme
- Not forgetting our unique selling point – our Trust beach huts located along the famous Sandbanks coastline.
- Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The DBS. The Trust will recover this cost in instalments from your first 3 salary payments. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service and are able to present a valid DBS certificate will not incur a charge.
Candidates are welcome apply using a CV and Cover Letter