WORKING FOR AN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST HOSPITAL
An exciting opportunity has arisen for 3 Trust Doctors (CT1-2 level or equivalent) to join a General Surgery Department. This post is commencing in August 2019 for 1 year fixed term.
The post is suitable for candidates who ideally will already have at least 12 months’ pre-registration experience, who would like to build on their experience of general surgery as well as emergency surgery. The successful candidate will be able to join the Colorectal, Upper GI, Breast, Urology or Vascular firm with the opportunity to rotate within these specialties. There will also be the opportunity to rotate into ED should this be desired.
These posts will be integrated into the elective and emergency workload of the department. The successful candidates will work alongside the FY1/2, nurse practioners and Middle Grade teams covering emergencies in General Surgery, Urology and Vascular. On-call shifts will run on weekdays 14:00 – 22:00 and weekends 08:00 – 18:00 and will be super-numary on a nominal 1:10 rota.
Successful candidates will have full support from their teams and supervisors so they can gain the appropriate experience and knowledge in elective and emergency surgery and progress into the next step of their careers. This will include access to clinics, theatre, & ward rounds in both elective and emergency settings. The full educational programme will be discussed and adjusted at the beginning of the placement to meet the post takers’ training needs. Educational supervision will be available and study leave provided including support to attend ATLS and CCrISP training.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
- Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your. Many staff use the DBS update service, but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. They seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period
Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join the Trust to help deliver a vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch.They continue to work in close collaboration to deliver excellent emergency and planned care over the two sites, for the people of the county.
Please apply for this post using CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com