SENIOR SPECIALTY DOCTOR in Geriatric Medicine (CESR Geriatric Medicine development post Fixed term appointment 12 months).
Providing the excellent care which we would expect for our own families Join us on the south coast and help us deliver this vision to our local population and we will recognise your unique contribution and support you to achieve your full potential. This post is aimed at applicants who anticipate completing an application for entry to the specialist register in the next 12-18 months.
We believe that a diverse workforce will best meet our patients’ needs both now and in the future so are looking to appoint staff with experience in geriatric medicine from a range of backgrounds. The NHS Trust has a number of specialty doctors in our directorate as well as consultant nurses and nurse practitioners who work alongside our extensive multidisciplinary teams of nurse’s therapist’s social workers and administrative staff. For this role we are looking for applicants who may not have followed a conventional specialty training pathway but who can demonstrate that they are on track to become consultants through the CESR route in the next 12- 24 months.
The Trust is currently building our service to deliver this with plans to establish a hyper acute stroke unit and to maximise the number of our patients being treated in an ambulatory setting. In return for contributing flexibly to the delivery of our service will give you the time and opportunity to develop the competencies and demonstrate the skills required for application to the GMC for entry to the specialist register. Depending on your prior experience there may be the opportunity to obtain dual accreditation in General (internal) Medicine, or subspecialty registration in Stroke Medicine.
Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) doctors will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed above plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay).
Vacancies may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
• Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right-hand column.
•If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
• If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding). Many staff use the DBS update service but you need to sign up for this asap via their website. • If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
• The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
• In applying for this role, you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
• Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
• Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period. Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
UK Registration Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.