We are Recruiting For A Social Worker & Team Manager
Location Guildford, Surrey
Perm salaries are: To recognise your exceptional skills and talent we offer £35,382 – £39,246 per annum for Social Workers and £40,227 – £44,619 per annum Senior Social Workers and Advanced Social Workers; salary dependent on level of experience. Locum Rates £42 Per Hour. We are offering a new financial package of up to £6000 to new permanent qualified frontline case-holding social workers.
● Relevant professional qualification and Health and Care
Professions Council registration where required.
● Up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
● Sound knowledge of social care processes and responsibilities in line with personalisation, self-directed support, and person-centred planning.
● An understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
● An understanding of diversity and how it affects practice.
● Ability to communicate appropriately and in a timely way with individuals, carers families, other professionals and team members which is clear, fluent, concise and jargon free and in a courteous calm and professional manner. This includes both verbal and written communication.
● Ability to routinely explain professional reasoning, judgements and decisions made and record these in a clear concise way
● Ability to write assessment documents, letters, emails and reports in a way that is clear and easily understood by anyone reading them.
● Ability to co-operate and work well with others, support colleagues both within and outside of the team and contribute to the successful achievement of team goals, sharing information and learning whilst supporting others.
● Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
● Competent in the use of basic numeracy skills with the ability to understand and explain basic cost information.
● Ability and willingness to develop effective professional reflective supervision skills to support less experienced qualified staff.
● Professional social work qualification, CQSW or Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW ). This does not apply to existing staff who were appointed to ‘care management’ positions before 1 December 1998.
● Registered with the Health Social Care Professionals Council or in process of registration.
● This is an first level professionally qualified role. The role holder will have completed their ASYE or moved from a similar level role in another organisation.
● Experience of provision of care services derived from work on practice placements as part of formal study, through previous work in a non- professionally qualified role or work experience in a similar role.
● Willingness to develop supervisory skills, and to take responsibility for own development using relevant practice research, legislation, peer/user feedback and participative supervision and appraisal processes to facilitate social work progression.
● Experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with, children and young people, and in working with parents, families, carers and networks to achieve optimal outcomes for children and young people.
● Ability to operate effectively within multi-agency and inter-professional settings.
● Ability to travel round the county to meet the demands of the job.
Roles at this level provide a professional social work, occupational therapy and other support to individuals, children their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of current, relevant, national legislation and local policies and procedures. Using professional judgement employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence. They demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including more senior levels.
ALL Roles require a DBS Certificate or candidates to be on the DBS Update Service.
Please send a copy of your CV and Cover letters to us at email@example.com. Alternatively please contact us on 0800 246 1588.