Temporary, Full Time
£500 per day
Location: Essex Chelmsford
The employer has an ambitious programme of transformation to revolutionise the provision of IT use within the authority. In 2020 we quickly rolled out the latest cloud technology to support new ways of working during COVID, and continuing on that success, our ambition is to be infrastructure free by November 2022. We have an extensive cloud modernisation programme underway to deliver this through migration of services to Microsoft Azure.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technology Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
What’s in it for you
- Make an impact on the lives of residents.
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government.
- Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change.
- Responsible for designing technical, data management, security and business solutions that successfully translate user requirements in to effective and efficient operationally viable technology for the citizens.
- Responsible for ensuring that enterprise wide and specific business solutions are designed to align correctly to architectural principles and technical architecture to ensure standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use .
- Responsible for applying policies, standards and good practices when designing solutions to ensure compliance between business and technology plans and enterprise transformation activities in support of business operations.
- Responsible for adherence to technical standards and principles to inform solutions design and ensuring they are correctly employed in all technical initiatives to achieve commonality of solutions design and implementation which reduces cost and creates a more efficient and easily maintained technology environment.
- Contributing as a technology subject matter expert to the delivery of technical innovation which gives advantage to ECC by capturing and prioritising market and environmental trends, business plans and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative approaches ensuring alignment to the enterprise architecture.
- Responsible for the provision of expert technical advice and guidance to the Commercial Team to ensure suppliers and procured products adhere to the enterprise architecture and principles of operation.
- Works collaboratively by providing technical expert advice and guidance to business partners, operational teams, and suppliers to develop and present business cases, for high-level initiatives, approval, funding, and prioritisation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The kind of experience you might bring:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience.
- Accredited TOGAF 9.1 or 9.2
- Able to demonstrate strong experience in a Solutions Architecture Role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a private sector organisation providing Public Sector Services.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully working within effective teams delivering Business Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use in the design of technical and business solutions.
What you should do next
Please note that it has determined that the off payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service.
Please respond with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Interperm Recruit is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.