OD & Change Practitioner
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £66,383 per annum
This is 12 month a fixed term maternity leave cover.
What we do impacts the lives of over 1.4 million people. From the safety of children to the independent lives of older residents, and from boosting quality of life through public health to the lasting regeneration of proud towns and cities – everything we do takes a pioneering and agile approach.
We have embarked in a very ambitious program to redefine our new normal, identifying what ways of working we want to put in place and how we can use what have learned during this past year. Our new hybrid working model is emerging, together with what we will need to successfully implement it (property, technology, culture and change, capabilities…). Join us and you’ll enable new ways of working and thinking to achieve our vision – for the county where innovation brings prosperity.
We have successfully implemented Office 365 in the organisation. We now need to focus on strengthening the adoption of these services. This role will sit within the Organisational Development and People & Service Transformation function but will work in close partnership with our Technology Services team to help deliver the cultural and behavioural change across the council needed to maximise the benefits of Office 365, not just now, but also looking at the approach to ongoing consumption of these services. Ambitious people really fit in here, so if you are a talented Organisation Development & Change Practitioner, we want to hear from you.
On a day-to-day basis
- Deliver on the cultural adoption of Office 365 across the organisation, working to embed the transformational benefits of these products into the way in which all areas of the organisation perform their roles. Working to change cultural behaviours around the use of the Office 365 product set and implement a culture of curiosity and self-learning in this arena.
- Work with key stakeholders from across the council to implement an ongoing approach to the consumption of Office 365 products, helping to develop a clear approach to ownership and the identification of clear rules of use so that all staff can feel free to use these capabilities within the clear bounds of the organisation. Helping to ensure that there is a clear route to the adoption and imbedding of future 365 capabilities, and alignment to corporate change programmes.
- Bring your expertise to large or complex change projects, acting as an internal consultant, advising, supporting – and challenging, where needed – to foster a high-performing culture where learning, change and diversity are the norm.
- Collaborate with the Organisational Development Lead, Head of Service and other colleagues across Organisational Development and People & Service Transformation and Technology Services functions, to ensure a consistent approach to managing change and creating a learning organisation.
- Think creatively to develop innovative interventions that engage, motivate, and empower leaders and teams to take ownership for the development and performance of their business.
- Help ensure that everyone in our organisation has the critical capabilities needed for us to succeed in our vision.
You’ll do great here if you
- Have a strong understanding of cutting-edge organisation development, and change theories and methods, and the ability to apply them in a large, complex organisation to embed new ways of thinking and working.
- Robust experience on enabling organisations to successfully adopt new capabilities within organisations to help them transform – embedding Microsoft technologies at scale to enable cultural transformation.
- Have experience of managing business transformation and change in technology-driven programs, along with developing business cases, identifying risks and creating mitigation plans.
- Can engage with a variety of partners and stakeholders and clearly articulate messages to a range of audiences with differing levels of understanding.
- Are educated to RQF level 6 (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent by experience with proven commitment to your own professional development.
Please respond with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Interperm Recruit is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible.